IMPORTANT BACK-TO-SCHOOL AND DRESS CODE INFORMATION
Dear Harrisburg School District Parents, Guardians, Students, and Staff,
As we prepare to welcome students back to school on Monday, August 28th for the 2023-2024 school year, please be advised that, with input from students and families, the District has revised its student dress code to move away from a school uniform. It is critically important that all parents and guardians review this new dress code to understand what IS and IS NOT ACCEPTABLE ATTIRE for students to wear to school. Click the links below to read the 2023-2024 dress code and visitor management system notification. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
- ENGLISH: Parent & Student Back to School Information - Dress Code and Visitor Management System
- SPANISH: Parent & Student Back to School Information - Dress Code and Visitor Management System
Mr. Eric Turman, Superintendent
Headlines & Features
Click the link above to read the notification from Superintendent Turman.
Welcome Back SciTech Family!
“We Are on This Journey Together…Excellence Lives Here!
As we continue to celebrate 20 years of excellence at HHS: SciTech Campus, we are excited to welcome all of you to the 2023-2024 school year! This year we are committed to ensuring that SciTech remains the top-rated high school not only in the state but also in the Nation. That means we will not lower our expectations for our students, staff, and all stakeholders. It is together as a team we will conquer even the toughest challenges and of course celebrate the amazing successes. Our students and staff are mighty proud of our school and all our accomplishments! It is hands down we have the best students, families, staff, and community and below are just a few highlights from the 2022-2023 school year stating so:
- SciTech was recognized in the 2023 edition of “America’s Best High Schools” as reported by U.S. News & World Report.
- 2022-2023 Standout High Schools in Pennsylvania by Niche.
- SciTech is recognized in Great Schools.
- 100% of our seniors were accepted into a college or university.
- Several students earned local, state, and national awards and recognition for science and or STEM related competitions.
- Our seniors earned and were awarded millions in scholarships and grants, including several full scholarships to four-year universities, including another Quest Bridge Scholar!
- SciTech takes home the Best & Brightest Award again!
- SciTech teachers continue to be world class!
- We continue to offer dual enrollment and college in the high school opportunities, with more students earning college credits while still in high school.
- We continued and increased our partnerships with various business and corporations.
We cannot wait to see all the excellence that will be accomplished this school year!
Included you will find very important information you will need for a successful start to the school year. Please read thoroughly, sign, and only return the documents that are required to be returned. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to 717-703-1900.
Again, we are ready to move forward in greatness for the 2023-2024 school year! We look forward to what is yet to come in partnership with all our SciTech Family.
In the words of Aristotle, "Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny."
Dr. Sièta Achampong, Principal