OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
July 22, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the new school year! As we look forward to a great year, listed is important information for students and families. The first day of school for students is Monday, August 30, 2021. As we welcome students back for in-person learning, it is important to reinforce the importance of students being in school each day and on time. School hours and the instructional day for students is:
- High Schools - 7:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Middle Schools – 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
*Please note: Cougar Academy and HVLA will follow the middle school hours
- Elementary Schools - 8:50 a.m. – 3:50 p.m.
During this year we will continue with our current uniform policy for students in grades K-12. Students are asked to wear the following:
- Shirts or polos with collar – solid colors
- Pants – tan, dark blue, black or gray
- Skirts – tan, dark blue, black or gray - knee or ankle length
- Jumpers – tan, dark blue, black, or gray - knee length
- To ensure safety, students are NOT to wear flipflops
Additional information regarding uniforms may be found on the District and each school’s website.
I look forward to a positive school year and working together with parents and guardians to make great things happen for the students of the Harrisburg School District.
Mr. Eric Turman
Foose Vision Statement:
At Foose we grow brains and persevere to meet high academic expectations, striving to consciously create a safe environment of respect, inclusion, and support of ethnic and racial diversity among all stakeholders, empowering each other to become life-long learners and future goal setters.
Welcome to Foose Elementary School!
Mr. William Hicks, Principal
Mrs. Michelle Archie, Assistant Principal
DID YOU REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN?
Kindergarten registration is OPEN in the Harrisburg School District! All students attending Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st 2020. Please visit the Lincoln Administration Building at 1601 State Street in Harrisburg to pick up a registration packet. Harrisburg School District’s Pupil Services Department is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
To schedule a registration appointment call (717) 703-4008. At the time of your appointment, you must bring your completed packet and the following documents:
- Proof of your child’s age (a birth certificate)
- Proof of your child’s immunization record; and
- Two forms of proof of your current address in the Harrisburg School District (a lease, deed, mortgage bill, or a property tax bill, in addition to a current utility bill)
Hurry! Schedule your Kindergarten registration appointment TODAY! Call (717) 703-4008.