Dear Parents and Families of Cougar Academy,
My name is Maddilynn Carey and I will be working with you as your Family Engagement Specialist. As a small town graduate, I have reached out and took on many responsibilities in not only my own community, but in others as well. I have taken on this position with the confidence that I can help make a difference in the Harrisburg School District assisting the community, as well as those who attend Cougar Academy.
I am confident that with my community involvement and experiences, I can assist in cultivating positive interactions with the faculty, teachers and your students.
Research indicates, and I strongly believe, parental involvement is one of the major factors in helping students succeed. To this end, Cougar Academy will be offering a variety of Parent Nights, open to the whole family. We are very grateful to have such a diverse group of students, who have knit a tight community within our school. I have an open door policy so please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have or questions about any services provided.
- Strengthen the relationship between families and staff
- Help families prepare our students to excel academically and socially
- Involve parents in helping students succeed by
- Building a strong relationship with teachers
- Taking advantage of volunteer opportunities in your child’s classroom
- Getting involved in parent nights
- Assisting with homework
Ms. Maddilynn Carey
Office hours: M-Th 8am-3:15pm