HHS: SciTech Campus Admissions Information
2021-2022 Academic Year
Admission to HHS: SciTech Campus is by application.
- Window Open: Monday, November 23, 2020 to Friday, February 12, 2021
- Virtual Open House Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
Thursday, December 17, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
Thursday, January 7, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
Saturday January 9, 2020 (11am-12pm)
- Application Submission Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021
- Acceptance Determinations Letters Mailed: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
MINIMUM ACCEPTANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Core GPA of 2.5 or higher (Core classes: Math, Science, English, and Social Studies)
Minimal Discipline issues
Minimal Attendance issues
PROCESS AFTER COMPLETING APPLICATION:
All completed applications are reviewed by the HHS: SciTech Campus Admissions Committee.
If Minimum Acceptance Requirements are met and all components from the Application have been submitted, you will be contacted by our Admissions Committee to schedule an Interview and Placement Test.
- Final acceptance determinations are based upon teacher recommendations, grades, placement scores, attendance, discipline, a writing sample, and an interview.
Parents, guardians, and students will be notified of admissions status by letter on or about March 31, 2021. Students who are accepted will be required to attend the mandatory new student and parent meeting in April.
Questions or concerns should be directed to SciTech-Admissions@hbgsd.us or call 717-703-1900.
APPLICATION LINK BELOW:
*If new to the Harrisburg City area and in need of an application, please contact email@example.com
Admissions Application to SciTech Campus – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I submit an application for the 2020-2021 School Year?
- Complete the Google Form found on the SciTech Admission Page ("Apply Now" link above)
2. How do I submit my one-page essay on the topic "Why I Want To Attend SciTech Campus."
- The essay will need emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What is the deadline for submitting my application and essay?
- All applications and essays must be received by Friday, February 12, 2021
4. Where are the teacher recommendation forms and how should those be submitted?
- After we receive an application and essay, the teachers will receive the forms by email. Once completed they will need to email them back to email@example.com
5. For the student data reports: discipline, attendance and grades, how do I submit that information?
- The school counselor will be emailed a list of names that applied to SciTech. They will emailed the reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Will there be an Open House this year?
- Yes, however they will all be held Virtually. To request Zoom information for one on the following dates: Please email email@example.com
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
- Thursday, December 17, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
- Thursday, January 7, 2020 (6pm-7pm)
- Saturday January 9, 2020 (11am-12pm)
7. What happens after I submit my application and essay?
- If you meet the minimum acceptance requirements, a member of the admissions team will call to schedule your interview and placement test. These calls will begin in February.
8. What are the Minimum Acceptance Requirements?
- Core GPA of 2.5 or higher (Core classes: Math, Science, English, and Social Studies)
- Minimal Discipline issues reported from your school counselor report
- Minimal Attendance issues reported from your school counselor report
9. How do I know if I was accepted?
- All applicants will receive a letter the first week of April with the determination
10. If I moved into the area after the admissions window, how do I apply?
- If you are a new resident in Harrisburg City, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an application