HBGSD COVID-19 C OMMUNICATION AND RESOURCES
PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IS A TEAM EFFORT. WE’RE IN THIS FIGHT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY…TOGETHER!
The following COVID-19 parent notification letters provide important information on reported student cases in the Harrisburg School District. For questions, please contact your school office. Thank you.
Harrisburg School District COVID-19 Parent Notification Letters
- HHS, John Harris Campus - English or Spanish
- HHS, SciTech Campus - English or Spanish
- Ben Franklin School - English or Spanish
- Cougar Academy - English or Spanish
- Downey School - English or Spanish
- Melrose School - English or Spanish
- Scott School - English or Spanish
It's important that everyone takes precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19. Stay informed. See information and resource links below.
Secretary of Health Mask Mandate Order – Face Coverings in Schools, which took effect on September 7, 2021. Click here for information and resources about Pennsylvania's mandate. For details, click here to read the press release.
Harrisburg School District Mask Policy: All adults and students will be required to wear face masks while inside of Harrisburg School District buildings. Vaccinated teachers can substitute a shield instead of a mask when providing instruction. Students will have mask breaks while eating and outdoors. For outdoor sporting events at Severance Field, masks are optional, but recommended. As a District, we will continue our commitment to promote safety and mitigate risks associated with the spread of COVID-19.
Click here to check out our Return to School Operations Video to learn how our Facilities team cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects our schools/District buildings.
Don’t Wait! Vaccinate! Learn about free vaccines that are available at Hamilton Health Center, UPMC, and at various PA Department of Health locations.
- Hamilton Health Center: To schedule your free vaccination at Hamilton Health Center call (717) 230-3991 or click here for Covid-19 vaccine information click here.
- UPMC: To schedule your free vaccination at UPMC call 844-UPMCVAC (844-876-2822) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., seven days a week or click here for vaccine information.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health: Click here for local and/or statewide vaccine information.
Students and families are NOT to use hospital Emergency Departments for COVID-19 testing. Click HERE for a list of local COVID-19 testing sites. Testing is available by appointment only and in most cases, testing must be scheduled online or by calling UPMC at (717) 231-8336.
PA Department of Health and PA Department of Education Resource Links:
Pennsylvania has many resources to help adults, children, families, and communities stay safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Browse the topics below to find what you need, and/or use the Responding to COVID-19 guide to view resources for Pennsylvanians in one place.
- Get Weekly COVID-19 Updates
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Testing Sites in Harrisburg and Central Pennsylvania
- Help to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Answers to FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions and Fact Sheets
- Health Equity and COVID-19